So, ummmmmmm… I am getting married in a week! Like where did time go! AHHH!! Well, I will definitely blog about my wedding day experience when the day comes! I have learned SO much during this wedding planning experience, I can’t wait to share it with you guys.
ANYWHO! Living in New York, it hasn’t consistently felt like spring yet which is why I have been holding out on this post. I think this is actually the first week where everyday is above 60 degrees! So, it’s finally time to put those heavy boots away and bring out those spring looks.
I don’t know about you guys, but every season I make a list of spring essentials, then I go through my closet and see what I have. Sometimes,you’ll be surprised at what you have tucked away in the back of your closet. So, before you go spring shopping make a list! You’ll save your self time and money by checking to see what you really need.
Here is a list of MY Spring must-haves, and what I will be buying in the next few weeks. I love to stay on trend, but I also love to stay true to my style.
I usually gravitate towards a larger bag when I go out. So, I am loving that bucket bags have made a come back. I personally won’t splurge on a bucket bag because it is pretty trendy, and I am not sure how much wear I would get out of it. Here are a few of my favorite bucket bags this season in the low to mid price range.
1. Woven Faux Leather Bucket Bag by Neiman Marcus – $75
2. Bucket Bag by H&M – $29
3. Small Bucket Bag by H&M – $13
4. Suede Bucket Bag by H&M – $44 (my favorite!)
Splurge – Saint Laurent Medium Fringe Bucket Bag $1,565
I love heels even though I am tall, and stacked heels are my go to SOLELY for comfort. Who said a chunky stacked heel couldn’t be cute. Rock them with jeans, shorts, maxi dresses or pretty much anything and your in for the long haul!
1. Nakita by Dolce Vita $190
2. Cymbal by Dolce Vita $75 (my favorite! I own them in black and taupe!)
3. Opening Ceremony Jindo Sandal $115
4. Ava and Aiden Poppy Sandal $99
Mensware is big this season, and I guess that means loafers too. So, whats the difference between loafers and flats? Loafers have that little lapel detail that flats usually don’t. You can pair loafers with dress pants, skirts, or even a romper for a more polished comfortable look. I don’t own a pair of loafers, so this is definitely on my BUY list!
1. Tickled Tourist Loafer by Mod Cloth $17
2. Mocassin with bow by Zara $60 (I NEED THESE!)
3. Loafers by H&M $15
4. Lipstick Glitter Loafers by Chiara Ferragni $295
Chokers and open ended necklaces are everywhere. Whether your wearing a metal choker or one of those 90’s plastic tattoo chokers you will be “on trend”. I personally won’t splurge on this trend because its usually uncomfortable for me. But, I do love all of the MOD open ended jewelry out in stores now too. It’s more edgy then statement necklaces, and I hope this look is here to stay!
1. Open Stone Torque Necklace by Top Shop $20
2. Pearl Collar Necklace by Rachel Zoe $195
3. 90’s Choker Necklace by Asos $7
4. Layered Choker Necklace by Jeweliq $32 (my favorite!)
Am I the only person that gets high anxiety when I wear white!?! White is a spring and summer staple that you need in your closet. Skinny jeans, a crisp button up shirt, and a white jean jacket can really go a long way in giving you extra outfit choices. If your a serial black wearer like me, try swapping one of your favorite black go-to items for something white. You will be surprised at how much it brightens up your look! TIP: To keep your whites super bright, ALWAYS wash them separately in hot water with hydrogen peroxide.
1. Le Tunic Shirt by Frame Denim $208
2. Petite Moto White Wash Jean by Top Shop $65
3. White Lies Denim Dress by Oh My Love London $56 (SPRING MUST HAVE!)
4. Bleached Jean Jacket by J Brand $142
Just like white, it is important to have denim separates in your wardrobe. Mixing denim used to be a huge fashion faux pas, and now everyone is doing it! So, feel free to wear your jean items how ever you want. Denim/chambray was pretty popular last season, so I have a bunch of stuff to bring me into spring. But, I definitely need to snag a denim pencil skirt!
1. Shredded Denim Skirt by Rag and Bone $265 (my favorite!)
2. Classic Denim Vest by Fossil $118
3. Denim Dress by Black Orchid $167
4. Women Denim Shirt by Uniqlo $13
Mules are so 90’s and I LOVE, LOVE ,LOVE them! First off they are so comfortable, and I love they way they look with ripped boyfriend jeans. There are so many styles of mules, and I think the ones with less fabric covering your foot look at lot more modern. I’ve literally seen these shoes everywhere so if your on a budget don’t worry, every store is making a version of the mule!
1. Navy Snake Mule by Guiseppe Zanotti $675 (MUST HAVE!)
2. Black Snake Skin Mule by Akira Black Label $45
3. Romy Two Piece Mule by Jessica Simpson $89
4. Virginia Black Leather Mule by De Siena $505
Wearing fringe is so much fun! If your afraid to wear fringe rock it in your accessories. I personally love fringe, but I wouldn’t describe my style as being bohemian at all. So, when I wear this trend this spring, I will make sure to stay away from the neutral tones and buy it in black. Just to give my fringe look an edgier touch.
1. Leather Fringe Mini Skirt by SCOOP NYC $398 (I NEED THIS UGH!)
2. Carlene Fringe Heel by Guess $120
3. Gloss Fringe Tank by Line and Dot $124
4. Fringe Messenger by JJ Winters $190
The midi skirt is all about looking super feminine. Midi skirts are A lined and usually end around the calf. Pair this skirt with a tank, fun sandals/heels and a jean jacket and you are spring ready! If you feel a little too covered in this mid calf skirt, pair it with a cute crop top to show a little skin. I definitely need to add the midi skirt to my BUY list!
1. Black Leather Skirt by Belle Heart $37
2. Swan Print Midi Skirt by Sheinside $21
3. Monochromic Mesh Midi by Chicwish $42 (LOVE THIS!)
4. Lavender Romance Pleated Midi by Chichwish $46
You always need a fresh pair of sneakers in your closet. Whether your a sneaker head, or like slip on’s, there are a pair of sneakers out there for you. My go to sneakers are always converse, just because they match with everything. Pair your kicks with pretty much anything for a stylish, yet comfy look.
1. Low Top Converse Chuck Taylor $50 (my favorites!)
2. Ecentric by Steve Madden $80
3. Superstar Up Sneakers by Adidas $90 ( I WANT THESE TOO!)
4. Air Jordan 11 XI Bred $300
I hope I was able to help you decide what you need for your spring wardrobe!
Remember to always get things you feel comfortable in, no matter if its trendy or not. If you don’t feel confident in an outfit, then its not for you (which is why I will not be joining this Birkenstock craze LOL)!
Thanks for checking out my blog! Don’t forget to check me out on Polyvore too HERE!
Love you mean it!